To be a candidate member you must:
- be a student at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington;
- major in at least one of Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems.
You need to:
- Have enrolled in specific papers and have finished specific papers:
- For undergraduates: Currently enrolled in at least one 200-level or higher paper in you chosen major(s), and have completed the first year of your undergraduate degree(s).
- For Master of Professional Accounting candidates: Have completed at least three 500-level papers.
- For other graduate students majoring in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems: No specific requirements of course enrolment.
- Have acquired an average grade of B+ or higher across the papers of your chosen major(s), or have an average grade of B across the papers of your chosen major(s) along with evidence of extracurricular activity excellence (will be assessed by the committee).
- Have an average grade of B or higher overall in commerce papers taken at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.
Apply to be a Candidate Member
Step 1: Fill out the application form for candidate membership
- Online registration.
- Download the Application form (You can download it, fill it and send it to us as an equivalent to online registration).
Step 2: Send us your transcript and/or evidence of your extracurricular excellence
- Obtain the screenshot of your unofficial transcript from your Academic History online (the whole page containing the grade information). You can access this by going to MyTools, clicking on Student Records, and then going to “Academic History”.
- If your average grade of the papers of your chosen major(s) is B, we recommend you to prepare evidence of your extracurricular excellence in order to acquire higher successful rate to become a candidate member. The evidence can be in form of personal statements along with photos.
- Email all the information to email@example.com
Step 3: Pay the one-off NZD $120 fee
- Pay either by online transfer or in cash. This fee is refunded if your application is unsuccessful.